The System Administrator is responsible for ensuring the smooth and secure operation of our organization’s computer network infrastructure. This role involves managing the office Local Area Network (LAN), configuring and monitoring servers, maintaining firewalls, and overseeing staging and production server configurations. The System Administrator will play a critical role in ensuring the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of our data and IT resources.
- LAN Management:
- Design, implement, and maintain the organization’s LAN to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve LAN connectivity issues.
- Manage and maintain network switches, routers, and access points.
- Server Configuration and Monitoring:
- Configure and maintain Windows and Linux servers to support various applications and services.
- Monitor server performance, resource utilization, and security.
- Perform routine server maintenance, updates, and patch management.
- Firewall Configuration and Monitoring:
- Configure and maintain firewall systems to protect the network from external threats.
- Monitor firewall logs and respond to security incidents.
- Implement and enforce security policies and access controls.
- Staging Server Configuration:
- Set up staging servers for testing and development purposes.
- Collaborate with software developers and testers to ensure a stable testing environment.
- Troubleshoot issues in the staging environment and provide support as needed.
- Production Server Configuration:
- Configure and manage production servers to ensure high availability and performance.
- Implement backup and disaster recovery solutions for critical systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations to address production server emergencies.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of network configurations, server setups, and security protocols.
- Develop and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) for network and server management.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity threats and best practices.
- Implement security measures to protect sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access.
- Conduct periodic security audits and vulnerability assessments.
- Collaborate with the IT team and other departments to understand and address their network and server needs.
- Provide technical support and training to end-users as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in network administration, server configuration, and firewall management.
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies, protocols, and topologies.
- Proficiency in Windows and Linux server administration.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V).
- Experience with firewall appliances and security protocols.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA, and Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator) preferred.
Salary Range: CTC Between 3.6 to 4.8 LPA
Please enter your details and upload updated resume.